The gadget chronicles of the Fongster





CrispAds Blog Ads

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

WReX


Here's my most prized toy to rule 'em all! Thanks to "Dude" Hong for the marvellous photography some years back! :)

My 1999 Version 5 WRX bought brand spanking new..0-100km/h in 5.7secs, 0-400m in 14.24 seconds, 160kw of unadulterated power, 290Nm of neck snapping torque.

Only modifications performed are: Remus Exhaust System and a Turbo Boost Meter. Also installed Pioneer Head Unit, Kenwood Amplifier powering JBL rear speakers. Unfortunately, my old Boom Box from the previous ride (spotting 2x 10" thumping subwoofers) wasn't functional..else the Rex will be Chapel Street cruising ready...:)

Some modifications I was contemplating during my riceboy days were

ChipTorque chip replacement (possibly boost up from 13 to 16-17.5 psi..drool..:)
Blow off valve (BOV) for that annoying but addictive phissshhhhhh sound!
Turbo Boost Controller
17" alloys
lowering by 2inch (king springs)

...and luckily, CLo came along and saved me from wasting any $$$ at all..heheh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
iPod Nano gadgets Gadget jamesfongster