The gadget chronicles of the Fongster





CrispAds Blog Ads

Sunday, November 12, 2006

o2 atom - love it..hate it!


Yep, history would have it that I did jump on the bandwagon and purchased a o2 atom when it was first released in Oz. It was loved at first sight...nice shiny glossy black body with brushed aluminium buttons...really sexy! I also loved the form factor...slim and just the right size/weight/screen size, albeit a typical WM 320x240 resolution!

Things were going great until I turned it on...arrgh! The original first firmware was shockingly slow..and it took 3 firmware upgrades before it become useable.

Some specs..

Dimensions
• Approx. 58(W) x 102(L) x 18.5(T) mm
• Weight with battery: 140g

Platform
• Microsoft Windows Mobile™ 5.0
• Integrated personal digital assistance, tri-band EDGE phone, FM radio, high-resolution camera, Bluetooth, and Wireless LAN

Processor
• Intel PXA272 416MHz

Memory
• Flash ROM: 128MB in total
• RAM: 64MB

Display
• 2.7" TFT LCD display with touch panel
• 240 x 320 dots resolution
• Supports 262K colours (65,536 effective)

Other notable coolies were the FM radio.

I ended up selling it to a good friend's wife as I found that I couldn't live without a keyboard. I went back to the Nokia Communicator, patiently waiting for the arrival of a WM5 PDA that'll meet my needs. The waiting ended with the arrival of the Dopod 838pro...:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
iPod Nano gadgets Gadget jamesfongster