The gadget chronicles of the Fongster





CrispAds Blog Ads

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Plantronics D640 BT headset.


As a big James Bond fan, I couldn't resist jumping at the opportunity of buying the Plantronics D640 when I thought I lost my Jabra JX10! Just check out the presentation and the various attachments for this little bewdy! The long attachments are a "on the go" charging unit that uses a normal AA battery; this clicks into the BT headset holster and provides on the move charging to the BT that extends its use to 15 hours talk time! The rest of the little attachments are for attaching to different mobile chargers like Nokia, Motorola, Siements, Sony Ericsson. Also comes with its own charger as well.

A nice unit..light, compact and talktime around 5-6 hours with standby around 240hrs. Oh..the headset holster vibrates when an incoming call receives..quite cool!

Only annoying thing is that the BT headset doesn't not sit secure in the holster...I managed to drop this one fateful night and lost it (like the Jabra!). 2 days later, I found it on the driveway..incredibly still working..fortunately, I don't think it rained that night but it seemed to survive the cold winter morning! I was also surprised I didn't run this over with the WRX for 2 days in a roll...so it's a bit of a lucky charm for me..:) I'll start using this once the Jabra breaks...as you are probably aware, I'm very good at breakng or losing BT headsets..:) Stayed tuned for a more definitive review of this my "lucky" BT later on.

Sadly, I haven't been using this since I found my JX10..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
iPod Nano gadgets Gadget jamesfongster