The gadget chronicles of the Fongster





CrispAds Blog Ads

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Bluespoon AX BT headset...mighty mouse!


As most of you know, I have a fetish for all things small..esp BT headsets. When I heard that the world's lightest and smallest headset, the Nextlink's Bluespoon AX was out, I simply couldn't resist! I gave my beloved HBH660 to my bro-in-law and bought one.

First impressions? It's smalllll...:) Looks like a little black mouse with a "tail" that's actually the "spring" that actually keeps the headset steady when you wear it. I had a fun time trying to put it on for the first couple of times, but after that it was easy.

It charges using a conventional usb connector..nice touch! But doesn't come with a wall adapter though which means charging from a PC or laptop..but hey, so does the new iPod Nano! :)

It paired up without no problem-o with my 9300 (tested also with the o2 mini)..sounds quality was ok..a bit tinny (not as good as the HBH660). Battery life was great..almost 5 days b/w charges with a decent 3-4 hours talking. Takes around 45-60mins to fully charge.

Had a weird problem with static when using with my 9300. When I had the 9300 in my belt pouch, static was terrible but any other place was fine! Go figure...:) Maybe it's the leather in the pouch..:) Thanks to this problem,I ended up selling this to my colleauge who used it on his new Nokia 6810 with no problems..

Fongster's verdict?

Form factor? 9/10 (finally, a tiniest, lightest and least noticeable BT headset!)
Battery? 7.5/10
Accessories? 7/10 (no wall adapter)
Wank factor? 9/10 (yeahhhhh! My colleauges now call me Bond, James Bond after noticing this BT)

BTW, if interested in this, let me know as I know a local distributor for this BT headset.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
iPod Nano gadgets Gadget jamesfongster